MICHAEL W. SMITH’S new album, HYMNS, available NOW!
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE:
Michael W. Smith’s newest album Hymns is available beginning today exclusively at all Cracker Barrel Old Country Store® locations and online at crackerbarrel.com. The digital album will also be available for purchase at select digital retailers. The album is the latest CD in the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store® exclusive music program. It is the first time in his legendary career that Smith has recorded an album of traditional hymns, including many that he sang in church when he was young. The album contains 15 songs and will sell for $11.99.
Smith will meet fans and autograph copies of Hymnsat the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store® located at 2406 Music Valley Drive in Nashville this Friday, Mar. 28, from 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM. Later that evening, he will perform songs from the album on the Grand Ole Opry. During his performance, he will be joined by his friend Ricky Skaggs.
“I’ve wanted to do an album of hymns for as long as I can remember,” said Smith. “When we started talking with Cracker Barrel, I knew it was the right time for this project. I’m really excited about it. These are great, timeless songs that I have always loved to sing.”
“Michael’s Hymns album is beautiful album of classic hymns and makes a great addition to the Cracker Barrel Old Country Store exclusive music program,” said Cracker Barrel Marketing Manager Julie Craig. “We are thrilled to work with Michael and we know our guests will enjoy this CD.”
Hymns was produced by Kyle Lee and Jim Daneker, with track no. 15 produced by Smith. The album’s executive producers are Greg Ham and Chaz Corzine. The songs on Hymns are as follows:
1) “The Old Rugged Cross” (written by George Bennard)
2) “My Jesus, I Love Thee” (written by William R. Featherston)
3) “Were You There” (written by C. Winfred Douglas)
4) “Victory in Jesus” (written by E.M. Bartlett)
5) “How Great Thou Art” (written by Stuart K. Hine)
6) “Just As I Am” (written by Charlotte Elliott)
7) “Near the Cross” (written by Fanny Crosby)
8) “It is Well” (written by Horatio Spafford)
9) “Softly and Tenderly” (written by Will L. Thompson)
10) “When I Survey the Wondrous Cross” (written by Isaac Watts)
11) “What a Friend We Have in Jesus” (written by Joseph M Scriven)
12) “Wonderful, Merciful Savior” (written by Dawn Rodgers and Eric Wyse)
13) “Great is Thy Faithfulness” (written by Thomas O.Chisholm and William M. Runyan)
14) “God of Our Fathers” (written by Daniel C. Roberts)
15) “The Lord Bless You and Keep You” (written by Peter C. Lutkin)
Smith is an acclaimed singer, songwriter, and musician who has sold more than 15 million albums, achieved 28 No. 1 songs, earned three GRAMMY Awards, one American Music Award, and more than 40 Dove Awards. Throughout his career, the Contemporary Christian artist has had the opportunity to sing for Presidents and national leaders, and counts among his friends the Reverend Billy Graham and his son, Franklin Graham. He actively supports the teen club Rocketown, Compassion International, and Samaritan’s Purse, the ministry headed by Franklin Graham. Michael and his wife Debbie live in Middle Tennessee, where they raised their five children. For more information, visit www.michaelwsmith.com.